Hi all. First of all I gotta tell this that I'm not a writer. But I wrote a story. This is not the story of my life. This is the story that I wish, it was the story of my life. Unfortunately it is not. But there are lot of real incidents and real dialogues which happened in my life. I wrote this story not to put on a blog. But to make a film. You may think I'm mad. Really I wrote this story to send someone to make a movie. I sent this story to number of film makers. But I didn't get any respond. At last I thought to put this on a blog. At least someone may read this. I worked very hard to write this story. I took about three years to complete this. Anyway I don't know how much I'm succeeded. It is up to you to decide. And give me your comments please. Another thing, I wrote this for a Hindi movie. So names of the characters and places are Indian. I'll post this part by part.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Part 05


Next day, in the class,

(Karan and Rohith come to the class. Mahen still hasn’t come. Karan sits quickly and writes something in the book.)

Rohith: What are you writing?

Karan: I couldn’t finish the assignment.

Rohith: I thought you have done it. Otherwise I could help you.

Karan: It is ok.

Rohith: When did Sneha ask to meet her?

Karan: After the class.

(Karan writes so fast. Sneha and Shalinee come to the class. After them Mahen comes to the class. Mahen comes near Karan and stops. He is looking at Karan for a while. Then he sits near them.)

Mahen: What is he writing so fast? 

Rohith: He hasn’t finished the assignment.

(Professor Khanna comes to the class.)

Khanna: Good morning children!

All the students: Good morning sir!

Khanna: Ok, let’s start today’s work.

Karan: Don’t ask about the assignment. Don’t ask. Please. (Karan murmurs to him self.)

Khanna: Aaaaah….. I gave you an assignment.

Karan: Oh! He did it.

(He hits the desk with his head.)

Khanna: I want to collect it now. Take out the assignments. I’ll collect it.

(He starts to collect assignments from the front left corner. Karan looks at Rohith’s face. His face is blank.)

Karan: I’m dead.

Mahen: Yes you are dead.

(Karan hits Mahen’s head. Khanna comes near them. He takes Mahen’s assignment. Then he looks at Karan.)

Khanna: Karan, where is yours?

Karan: Sir, I… I…

(He stammers. He stands. Everyone look at him.)

Karan: Problem is this sir, I couldn’t finish it.

Khanna: What? What did you say?

Karan: I couldn’t sir.

Khanna: Why couldn’t you? I gave you three days. Isn’t that enough? Look, everyone has done it. You are the only one who hasn’t done it. I thought you are a good boy. Don’t break my faith. I’ll forgive you, because this is the first time.

Karan: Thank you sir, thank you very much. It will not happen again.

Khanna: Very good!

Next scene,

(Class ends. Students go out.)

Karan: Hey Rohith, will you come with me to meet Sneha?

Rohith: I’m going to go Mahen’s place. Can’t you go alone?

Karan: It is ok then. I’ll go alone.

(Karan comes out. He can see the mango tree. And he can see there is a girl under the tree. She is looking at the opposite side. He walks towards the tree and he stops there. He is silent for a while. Then he talks her.)

Karan: Sneha!

(She turns around. Both of them recognize each other. They become surprised.)

Both of them: You!

Sneha: Oh my god! I can’t believe this.

Karan: Me neither.

Sneha: It means we have met each other earlier than we met trough the phone.

Karan: Hmm.

Sneha: So how are you?

Karan: I’m fine.

(They are silent for awhile.)

Karan: Friends?

(Karan put his hand in front to shake hand. Sneha smiles and shakes hand Karan.) 

Sneha: Friends!   

Sneha: Let’s talk while walking. I have to go home quickly today. I have to visit my uncle with my auntie.

Karan: As you wish.

(They start to walk.)

Karan: So you are living with your auntie.

Sneha: Yes. She is like my own mother. What about you?

Karan: I’m in a boarding house. There is another boy in my place. (Smiles) He gave me the number.

Sneha: You haven’t done the assignment today. Why didn’t you?

Karan: I forgot that. I remembered it last night.

Sneha: Don’t do like that. Pay more attention to studies.

Karan: Hmm I will.

Sneha: What is your friend’s name?

Karan: Rohith. He is a good boy.

Sneha: What about your family.

Karan: I have a younger sister. My parents are government officers. Tell me about yours.

Sneha: My father is a businessman. My mother is a teacher. I have a younger brother.

(They walk a little without talking. They come out of the university.)

Sneha: I have to go now. So, see you tomorrow. Bye!

Karan: Bye!

(Sneha gets into a bus. Karan walks towards his place. He comes to the boarding house. Rohith is not there. He puts his books and phone on the table. And then he lies on the bed. He is lying for a moment. Suddenly he remembers something. He gets up quickly. He talks to him self.)

Karan: No, there is no time to sleep. I have to finish the assignment. I should eat something quickly and do it.

(Karan change clothes and leave the room to eat. He comes to the dining room. Kajal and Arjun are there. They are doing there home work on the table.)

Karan: Have you eaten?

Kajal: Yes Karan bhayya.

Mrs. Varma: Will you eat now Karan?

Karan: Yes auntie.

Mrs. Varma: You sit there. I’ll bring food.

(Karan washes his hands and sits. Mrs. Varma puts the foods on the table. She is in a sad mood. Karan notices that. He is looking at her for a while.)

Karan: Are you ok auntie? What is the wrong?

Mrs. Varma: Nothing, I’m fine.

Karan: Look auntie, there is no need to tell lies. Tell me what is the wrong?

Mrs. Varma: My husband’s pension is cancelled.

Karan: What? How could it be happen?

Mrs. Varma: I don’t know. There was a letter telling it is cancelled.

Karan: Don’t worry. I’ll go and find what has happened tomorrow. Now show some smiles.

(Mrs. Varma tries to smile. But she can’t. She leaves. Karan eats food.)

Next scene,

(Karan comes to the room. Rohith has come. He is changing.)

Rohith: What a surprise! Don’t you sleep today? No, No, Karan, you have to sleep now. Go and sleep. 

Karan: Ha, Ha, Ha Very funny! Idiot! How is Mahen’s place?

Rohith: Don’t ask. He is right Karan. A man can’t live there.

(He leaves the room. Karan sits and starts to do the assignment.)

Next scene,

(Karan is writing. Rohith comes to the room.)

Rohith: Today’s food is not good.

Karan: Auntie is in sad mood today. Her husband’s pension is cancelled.

Rohith: Oh!

Karan: I will go tomorrow to find what the wrong with it is. I feel very sorry about her. A helpless woman!

(Rohith walks to the cupboard. He stops suddenly.)

Rohith: How Is Sneha?

(Karan answers while writing.)

Karan: She is so friendly. I told about you also.

Rohith: What did you say?

Karan: I told that you gave me the number.

Rohith: Idiot! Why did you say like that?

(Karan doesn’t answer. He smiles. Rohith also sits and starts to study.)

No comments:

Post a Comment